Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Morning-ish Update

WARNING:  Ungrateful, whiny rant ahead.  If you feel the need to be judgmental,  move along. 

Proceed with caution.   You have been warned.


I hate moving.  We moved 9 times in 11 years before we moved into our last house.  The day we moved in I told the IO that he would have to bury me in the backyard because I was NOT doing that again!

Fast forward 16 years and here we are.

Moving.

This time with two additional people and 16 years of baggage (both physical and mental).  All of the stuff from the old house is out.  Completely.  Nothing is left.  The IO even brought the garbage because he was afraid he'd throw something out that I wanted (probably how the moldy taco got packed away). 

However if I thought my house was chaotic and a mess before, this is ten times worse.  I have yet to cook.  I have pots and pans, dishes and bowls and forks, but no knives.  I have bought sponges twice already and have yet to find one. 

I cannot find my vacuum receipt which means I have yet to vacuum. 

While this house is bigger in square footage, my closets are also smaller.  The linen closet is bigger, but I only have one and it's on the second floor. 

I have a two car garage, but it's a bit short and my van does NOT fit in it. 

My kitchen feels more spacious but I have less cabinets, which means I need to be creative in how I put things away.  Plus they are taller and the second level now needs a stool to be able to reach the back.  The third  level shelves are in the nose bleed section.

I have started going thru my craft room (which is also where the bookshelves and guest bed will be so all crafting will still take place on the dining room table) and I have been able to pare down some things, but I can already tell it's not enough.  Remember how I said my closets are smaller?  The old office closet was also a storage area.   Hmmmmm, more creativity needed. 

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy to be here!  I have baseboards!!!  I have working toilets (even though my bathroom does tend to run, the chain gets stuck)!  I have four working burners on my stove!  This is a beautiful house.  I am just adjusting. 

So while I complain abt how I can't find room to fit things, what do I do??  I hit Hobby Lobby on Friday!!!  I ran out of black acrylic yarn for my kitty blanket and I was meeting a couple of local friends to stitch with (more on this in a later post) and I wanted something mindless to work on.  On my way there I stopped in Hobby Lobby to get this.

I've been wanting to try out their yarn for some time and my 40% off coupon convinced me this would be a good time to do it!  I have to say, I really like it.  Soft and non splitty.    While I was there some of their cotton jumped into my cart as well.

I let it stay since it was on sale.  Two skeins of yarn for less than five bucks works for me!!

I finished the kitty blanket and will post abt that tomorrow.  The downfall is that I have no idea where my sock project is.  I know where my yarns are, but cant find my needles.  This is probably my downfall;  no knitting to ease the stress of moving. 

So there you have it.  My one woman pity party.  My ungrateful whines are over, at least for now.    Now I'm off to Chipotle for some lunch.  I need the energy to attack the kitchen.   I'd love to empty out a couple of boxes before the kids get home.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

The stress of moving is unimagineable to me. We have been here for 30 years.....We are very good about no clutter, but moving will be a huge thing WHEn it is time

Linda said...

Hang in there Lynn. Just think "A new house for Christmas".

Linda

Sandra Knapp said...

Sorry for all the stress and frustration, but I know you will work your way through it, and come out triumphant in the end. I bet you even find your knitting needles. Probably stuck into that missing taco you mentioned earlier. LOL