Saturday Sky

Still can't find my camera cord, but I found out where I can put my memory card into my computer so we've got pictures again!  Just in time for Saturday Sky.
Big puffy clouds and in the 80s.  Not a bad day for the first day of Winter!!

I also finished #1 Son's hat.



He loves it and has worn it a couple of times already, regardless of the weather!

I have two more hats started and may start another slouchy hat to make three going at once.  When I was working on #1 Son's hat, I was getting kind of low with yarn.  When I went to double check how much yarn I had left over from Baby Girl's hat (same pattern and same brand of yarn) I noticed I had to use part of a second skein!!! 

uh oh.....

I kept knitting until I ran out of yarn.  I had 11 rows left.  Ugh.  I didn't want to use another brand of yarn to finish this hat so I went to JoAnn's to get more.  THANKFULLY I found a couple of skeins in a corner bin.  Apparently it's not a color my JoAnn's carries (it wasn't near the other ones) so I was thrilled to find some there.   I also found another color that #1 Son liked so two more came home with me.
They were on sale for $2.50/skein so why not??? 

Speaking of sales look what came in the mail for me today??

I was surfing the web and ended up at Knit Picks.  I went for one reason and ended up buying for another reason!!!


The Stroll sport was on clearance so I bought a couple.  I almost bought more but I emptied the cart before I kept on.  I wanted that pumpkin once before, but I'm glad I waited since now I got it on clearance!

That purple was just too pretty NOT to get and who doesn't need more sock needles??? 


I paid less than $20 for that box and it made me very happy.  A twenty well spent!

I'll try to post one more time before Monday.  I go in for surgery then and probably wont be able to post until later on next week. 

Have a great weekend!!!  and make sure to take some time and knit!

Comments

Sandra Knapp said…
Wow Lynn, that is one GREAT hat, and it looks totally fab on your son. Great buys there on Kitpick's too. I'm sure you'll have fun with that package. :)
Dee said…
Will be thinking about you on Monday. Happy dreams while you are under and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Drink plenty of hot tea when you get home. It REALLY helps with the gas pains.
kathy b said…
Im praying for you!!!!!!!! The hat came out great.
May you be in kind and capable hands at the hospital my friend
Linda said…
Congrats on finishing the hat Lynn. Good luck with the surgery.

Linda
stitcherw said…
The hat looks great, would be really practical here where it's single digits and snowing again, ugh! What great stash, love all the colors. Hope your surgery goes well, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful New Year, Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon