Sunday, January 12, 2014

Closing out 2013

Recovery Day 20:  I walked the length of our cul de sac again and it felt great.  The weather is fabulous today and I wanted to get outside to enjoy it.  I probably could have walked farther, but I didn't want to push it so instead I took some of #1 Son's old trophies from my bedroom to the craft room upstairs.  THAT was the cherry of my walk and enough to wear me out. 

Another positive note is that I am feeling something that I haven't felt in abt a year.  You know when you wake up in the morning and your stomach feels flat?  No matter what you weigh, that morning stomach usually feels flat.  I have that feeling back again!  I can also suck in my gut.  Couldn't do that before either.  Hmmm, must have been something the size of a cantaloupe in the way!!!

I figured that I've complained enough over the past 3 weeks, I wanted to post something positive.   It's a good day and I wanted to take advantage of that!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

So here we are almost half way thru January and I wanted to see what I've accomplished in the past year.  Not great but not horrible either.  I have completed:

5 pairs of socks
2 camera cases
2 kitty beds
3 hats
1 finger mustache
3 kitty blankets
1 key chain sock blocker
5" of a charity blanket

Total projects complete:  18


A nice respectable number considering this past year.  I do have 8 WIPS I'm taking with me into 2014. They are:

2 pairs of socks
2 afghans
2 hand towels
2 hats

Total WIPS:  8

That's more than I normally have going but like I mentioned before, I started a few of them before surgery to have something to work on.  The key now is to find them. 

How many projects did you finish this year?  Did you post them on your blog?  If you did, mention it here so I can go read it.  I am really far behind in blog reading and want to get caught back up.  I really do enjoy reading abt what you guys have going on. 

Lucy says:  Did somebody just open a can of tuna??
 

4 comments:

Linda said...

You did good for the year Lynn with the moving and all. I love the pic of Lucy. I could look at your cat pictures all day long. I just love them.

Linda

Sandra Knapp said...

Having and keeping a positive outlook is what will bring you through this ordeal faster and with better results, so keep it up. Doing what you can, but not pushing too hard, is just what the Doctor would want, and no more.

Thank you for reminding me to check on all that I managed to accomplish last year. I will have to do that, and then post it to my blog. And I'll let you know when I do. LOL

Take care of yourself, and be well. :)

kathy b said...

You are turning the corner Yeah. For recovery

I did not do a tally of 2013 knits but there was no break from one cast off to the next cast on

It was a good knit year as I learned reverse shaping

Dee said...

Wow! Flat tummy, eh? That was worth the surgery, right????? LOL

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.