Monday, January 27, 2014

Just Another Monday

Surgery update: It's been 5 weeks since my surgery.  In some ways I feel better, in other ways I feel worse.  I've had LOTS of women tell me that they felt SO much better after their surgery.  I keep hoping for that feeling.  I'm just trying to get back to where I was beforehand.  Good news is I have been able to sleep on my side for a bit during the night.  This is good news for my hips and back.  The pressure on them from sleeping solely on my back has been rough.  The bad news is the side sleeping means I'm curled up and that has made me ooze some more.  I really thought I'd be done with the oozing by now, but apparently there are still some spots that aren't completely healed on the outside.  Then again I am a slow healer so this should not surprise me.  The other good news is I'm off all pain meds except for Motrin, and even that is at the end of the day. 

I do have more energy for some things, Saturday was a true test of my endurance.  We met up with some friends at a Steam Punk Festival.  I was a little worried abt how I would last since we were planning on being there for 3 hours.  I did ok.  I had to sit down often enough, but I didn't feel like I was dizzy so that is a plus!!  (its the little things)  Later on we went out to dinner to Chili's and of course we had to stop at Target to get some cold meds for Baby Girl (she's been sick for 2 days now) and we saw SO many ppl we knew!  I think my time at Target was harder than the festival.  It was the end of the day and there was no place to sit. 

Of all the things we saw and did on Saturday, all I got was this picture.


My sky.  That goes to show how focused I was on staying vertical!

I did walk almost a half mile today which I was very happy about.  I also walked around the house with that itch to start doing *something* with the yard.  It's a nice sized back yard but it needs some work to make it pretty.

I'm also working on sock #2 of another pair of socks.  I'm just abt to start the gusset.  No updated pics of these either.

Blogs are boring without visual aids.........

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more to show during my daybook.  Meanwhile here are two pictures showing how much kids change in a couple of years.

Baby Girl Jan 2010 (just turned 8)



Baby Girl Jan 2014 (just turned 12)


When she's 16 she's gonna look 24 and I'll be in big trouble......

3 comments:

Dee said...

Sorry you aren't feeling so good. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction though.

A steampunk festival????? Where was that? I must get to that next year. LOL

Linda said...

So happy to hear that you are a little better Lynn. What a difference 4 years makes. She is a cutie.

Linda

Sandra Knapp said...

So glad you are able to get out and enjoy yourself more now. It probably does you good getting out too.

Your daughter is growing up much too quickly, but daughters do that sometimes. Hang on tight to that sense of humor. You are going to need it! LOL