A little bit of cross stitching

I found a tote bag of some cross stitch that I started a LONG time ago.  I still love the projects, but my eyes and mind aren't what they used to be.  The three in this tote bag are what I refer to as confetti stitching.  For those of you who don't cross stitch, confetti stitching is when you have a project that has a lot of detailing and shading.  In order to get that look using fabric and colored thread, you need to change colors.  A LOT!  I've actually been in the mood to stitch (this is what happens when I go thru my stash) and I decided to work on one of these guys.

~sigh~

I pulled out Bag Ladies.  I always think I will move faster on this than I actually do.  The bags are half stitches, which means half the work, right??  In theory, yes.  In reality I need to pay attention to the color and shading so that the bags turn out right. 

Here it is back in Dec when I put a few stitches in it

and here it is from today


I worked some more on the beige bag (SO. MUCH. BEIGE!) and then I moved over to the cat peeking thru the green bag.  I'm going to take a break from it for a bit and work on something a bit easier.  Then I may pull out Maggie (some of you remember her!) or Queen Anne's Lace.  Lavender and Lace is NOT for the faint of heart!  I used to rotate my stitching when that was all I did and I could spend an entire night working on a project.  Now I juggle knitting, stitching, would like to add quilting to knock out some of that fabric stash,  teenaged kids (granted Baby Girl is only 12 but middle school = teenaged problems) and an Insane One (the dh). 

The other thing I do is keep track of when I start projects.  Bag Ladies WAS started in this century, but barely.  I started in Aug 2001.  That was before Baby Girl was born and the Twin Towers were still standing. 

Let that sink in a bit.......now add in the fact it's not my oldest WIP.  I *think* that honor goes to Queen Anne's Lace, but I'm not positive.  

Comments

Dee said…
Stitch by stitch ----- that's how it goes. Eventually it will get done, right???

At least that's what I am counting on when I look at some of my larger projects that haven't even been STARTED. It's sometimes shocking to see a price sticker from DREAMSTITCHERS. LOL
Linda said…
Great progress Lynn. I have that kit in my stash somewhere.

Linda
Sandra Knapp said…
Regardless of when you started it, it is still moving in the right direction, and the new stitches look great. It will be a really cute scene when it's done, I'm sure. :)
stitcherw said…
OOOOOhhhhh love Bag Ladies, so happy to see this one out (love Maggie too, so looking forward to when she comes out to play). Nice progress, such fun to see the new little cat appearing. The detail of confetti adds so much to a picture, but wow does it eat into the time. I find that's when taking pictures really helps keep me motivated as that way I can see I'm making headway, which otherwise I may miss :)
Sue
kathy b said…
Love the kitty!,,,, you have some old projects!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon