Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... is it warm.  I'm not complaining!!  But our weather has been weird here too.  Last Thursday we never got out of the 50s.  Yesterday we broke heat records at 86!!  Even the weathermen say it's weird.  PLUS any forecast more than two days out is completely off by the time it gets here.  Our forecast this week.....

Yesterday they had us in the higher 80s on the wknd.  Now it's not as hot.  I'll take it!
 

I am thinking... that my brain is NOT thinking!!  Today was Baby Girl's A Honor Roll Breakfast.  I knew it was coming up, but I totally forgot it was today.  Ok Baby Girl did too, but I don't forget these things.  Thank goodness a friend of mine texted me to see if I was showing up.  I was able to see her get her certificate.  Very proud of that girl of mine!
My phone takes lousy pics.  Here is one of her against the wall.

 

I am thankful... for the little strides of health.  I have them, they are just slow.  I am thankful for them nonetheless.

In the kitchen... in the past week I've made chicken noodle soup (yum),
very basic soup but SO good when it's cold or you're not feeling great
 
 
15 bean soup (ick!but it was my fault) and some peach whiskey barbecue chicken.  OMG that was amazing!!!   I didn't use as much whiskey as called for and I had to use some peach/apricot preserves since there was no plain peach, but it was a major winner in the house!!!  I made 10 chicken thighs and they were GONE.  I always have leftovers but this time there were none.  Definitely a keeper!!
 
Tonight's dinner is ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and corn bread.  It would have suited the weather better over the wknd, but I was too wiped out for it.  I am SO looking forward to dinner tonight!!

I am wearing... dark grey shirt with the Eiffel Tower on it and tan capris

I am creating... my socks!!!!  I am LOVING this yarn!  I got the yarn on Thursday, rolled it in a ball on Friday,
isn't it pretty?!?
 
cast on Saturday
I don't even mind the semi-spiral of the colors!  it evened out over the heel and gusset. 
 
and I just started the foot yesterday.  That is FAST for me !!!  I don't usually make socks that quickly but I'm loving this yarn.  It's just so happy and makes me feel good.  I seem to add a few more rows before I put it down.

I am going... to be getting #1 Son soon from school.  I really don't know where the day went. 

I am wondering... if I get my brain back at the same time I get my energy back.  Time will tell.

I am reading... blogs.  I'm not commenting as much but I am trying to keep up every couple of days.

I am hoping... to have enough energy to finish dinner.  I've got the scalloped potatoes in the oven.  Yes this post is taking me all day to complete.......

I am looking forward to...  the end of March.  I am also looking forward to working on my sock after dinner.

I am hearing....  nothing.  And it's wonderful!

Around the house... sigh.  A definite source of my frustration.  We did get rid of another box this wknd.  Baby Girl put away all the spices.  We also found the box with my Pyrex casserole dishes in them (well at least two of them, two more are still missing)  This is good.  Baby steps.  I want this house unpacked by the time we are here a year.  I think that's a doable goal.

I am pondering... the teenage years.  My kids are good, but the hormones still rage.  We will survive, and I will continue to knit.

A favorite quote for today...
in honor of #1 Son.
 

One of my favorite things AKA Hemi's Corner....

Hemi being a pain to Lucy.  This is Lucy's box that she sleeps in.  Well she popped out to get food and he popped in.  When she came back, she had a look on her!!!  She was PISSED!  (sorry. don't normally use that word but it SO fits her expression at the time) She sat there staring at him until he left.  Then she reclaimed her box!!!  I put out another box, but nobody wanted that one.
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have a drs appt on Thursday for Baby Girl, but she doesn't have to be there.  Her bloodwork came back and they want to go over it.  I find it odd that they don't want her there.  I'm not worried that something is wrong, but that they aren't including her.  Yet  another reason I'm not fond of this new dr.....  I also have a PTO meeting on Friday I'm gonna shoot for. 

A peek into my day... I just saw these guys outside my backporch just a few minutes ago.....
 
I have NEVER seen 5 together before.  Usually there are two, sometimes three (2 parents and a baby) and a couple of times I've seen four (2 parents and 2 babies) but never five.  Both Hemi and Princess were staring out the window at them.  That's what caught my eye.
 
 
So there you have it, another installation of TSWD, this time with LOTS of pictures!!  If you want to play, go here.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Loved all the pics Lynn especially the furbabies. Congrats to your daughter. Love the sock yarn.

Linda

Dee said...

Lucy is really giving Hemi the stink eye from her spot on the bed.

Bridget said...

Lots going on in this post!

I'm so glad you are feeling better, take care.

Sandra Knapp said...

You are definitely sounding better, and that's wonderful news. Obviously you are getting into the kitchen and cooking up some delicious dinners too. Another plus for the whole family, I'm sure. Loved the photos. And I'm sure if you leave the other box laying long enough, someone will make use of it. :)

kathy b said...

You are sounding strong lady!!! Glad you made it to see you daughters award given out. So important. I'd like your ham dinner thanks.

Dont' push yourself too hard. Take it slow.
LOVE the sock yarn colors

Melissa said...

I love the color of the sock yarn! What brand is it? Can't wait to see how they turn out!

stitcherw said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better, it will come but it is hard to be patient. Your sock is looking lovely, very fun coloring. Congrats to your DD, I'm glad you were able to be there to see her get her certificate.
Sue