The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is the first day of spring and it will be feeling like it!!!  It's sunny and warm and we expect a high of 78 by the afternoon.  According to my thermometer it is 68 right now.  (hmm I felt a disturbance in the force.  Many bloggers have feelings that will move them to the dark side if they aren't careful.  I am sending virtual warmth to quiet the disturbance down.....)

I am thinking... that I need to pay some bills.  I hate paying bills.  Then again I don't know many people who do.......

I am thankful... that the IO has a job so that I can pay those bills.  Money is still tight, but we're not starving.  Or hungry.  Well maybe a little hungry, it's time for lunch!

In the kitchen... I made a few changes to my roasted chicken last night which were not a hit.  I have a new spice container that is used to flavor olive oil to dip bread into (Publix was having a food demo and WOW is it good!) so I decided to add it to my chicken.  Everybody ate it but there were comments that said they preferred the other way better.  I will leave those spices for the dipping bread.   I also roasted some Brussels sprouts and onions.  Onions were YUMMY.  Brussels sprouts not so much.  Tonight's dinner is Beef and Cheddar Casserole.  I make a few changes to it by using up my spaghetti sauce and leaving out the bell pepper and scallions.  I may start it early so I can just stick it in the oven later on tonight.

I am wearing... my red San Diego Zoo t-shirt and a blue flannel.  It was chilly this AM when I took the kids to school and threw on a robe as well (yes I'm one of THOSE moms!)  I'm also wearing an orange cat.  Orange is the new black!

I am creating... more charity blankets.  I finished my portion of The Blues and Light Me Up and I have two more to work on.  Once these are done I have my name on one more and that will probably be it for awhile.  While I enjoy working on the charity blankets, it keeps me from my other projects and it can get pricey when mailing it out to the next person. 
 
The Blues

Light Me Up!
 
 
 
I am going... with the kids to the local theatre to see The Music Man Jr.  They have a youth program that is fantastic and a lot of #1 Son's and Baby Girl's friends are in it.  We will be seeing it twice tomorrow, once in the morning and again that night.  I will be singing the songs the rest of the wknd!

I am wondering... if and when my leg will stop bothering me.  Apparently I had some nerves damaged during the surgery and now I have what is called Meralgia Paraesthetica. 

Meralgia paraesthetica is a nerve (neurological) condition that causes an area of skin over the upper outer thigh to become painful, numb or tingly.

I have all three symptoms.    Some days are better than others, but I've noticed that cold air makes it worse.   I usually love the colder days, but this year has been rough.  Between my thigh and my incisions, cold air is the enemy!!!  I haven't gone walking in almost a week and I really need to get back to it.  It makes me feel so much better!

I am reading... I'm trying to keep up with my blogs.  I'm also reading some Fanfiction on line.

I am hoping... that spring break goes well

I am looking forward to... Spring Break!  We've got some things planned already, which means that the quiet days should not be wrought with sibling arguing.... 

I am hearing..... the bathroom fan and snorts from Hemi.

Around the house... three more boxes are gone and the china is put away.  So are the fancy wine glasses.  I still have 4 or 5 boxes of bigger items that need  a home.  Not sure what I will keep and what  will stay.

I am pondering... the news.  I feel for the people in the Ukraine.  It seems as if  we're reliving the Cold War years all over again.  I also feel for the people who are waiting for news about their families on Flight 370.  While I hope for a happy outcome, I pray for closure for everyone involved.  Better to know the truth (no matter how bad) than to know nothing at all. 

A favorite quote for today...
 
 

One of my favorite things  AKA Hemi's Corner.......
 
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Spring Break starts this wknd and I am looking forward to it!  We've got the plays tomorrow, I'm trying to plan a bowling day with their friends, we've got a couple of movies we want to see (including a double feature at a drive in!) and I'm having people over next Friday.  It's going to be a busy one!!!

A peek into my day... now THIS is how you relax!!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  If you want to play, go here.

Comments

kathy b said…
My son who is grown is not a fan of my changing up tried and true recipes. Fireman loves when I change it up.
Hemi's nose is adorable.
I love a peek into your day. Im jealous of your warm weather. ITs very cold….30s outside here today although the sun is shining.
Tomorrow we are promised 60 degrees…I have hope

I have never considered the cost in those traveling charity blankets..yes yes the postage must really add up….
Linda said…
Ah, love the kitty pics Lynn.

Linda
Sandra Knapp said…
I understand your discomfort from the nerve damage. I have the same problem on the outer left side of my left knee, after my total knee replacement. It is so sensitive, that the slightest bump and the pain is excruciating. Thankfully, I am very careful not to bump it, but there are still twinges now and then. Nerve pain can be very bad, so I hope you find some way to control or relieve it.

Your cats sure do know the meaning of relaxation. We could learn a lot from them, on that score. LOL

Have a good day. :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon