Weekend Update

I seriously do NOT know where the time goes.   I was mentally preparing my Simple Woman's Daybook and BAM! it's almost a week later!  I'm either running around like a maniac (which I shouldn't be doing yet) OR I'm recovering from running around like a maniac!  When I feel good I just roll with it, trying to get as much done as I can.  However when I do that I'm usually down a day or two later.  I'm not making myself worse so that's all I really care about!

Plus those downtimes can prove to be productive!!!  I decided to pull out another cross stitch from the pile, Too Pooped.  She's another oldie but goodie (2006 I think), but I really want to get her done.  I still really like her and can see her finished on the wall.  Here she was the last time I worked on her back in September 2013




Here she is as of today



I have the birds and the rest of the tree underneath it to finish and the stitching will be done.  THEN the backstitching.....  I am getting excited abt it though since I can really see the end in sight!  I haven't knit in over a week because I've been working on this guy!  However I do need to switch gears since I have some rotating charity blankets to complete.  This has a LOT of browns in it and while not a LOT of confetti knitting, I do change colors a lot.  Let's hope I pick it back up after the blankets are done.

What else is happening here at Casa del Rio?  (trying out a new name, Happy Acres doesn't seem to fit anymore)  Well it is March which means I'm itching to get in the garden.  I went to Lowes and got these guys


There is a small ornamental tree for the front porch and a couple of bags of dirt that aren't in the pic, but you get the idea.  I bought another bougainvillea to plant in the back yard to cover this area.


It's the only part of the backyard that can be seen from the road and I'd like to add *something* for a bit more privacy.  I also got some tomato plants and abt 30 petunias.  The lady gave me the petunias for a dime a piece!!!  Gotta love knowing the plant manager!!  It's a great deal, the only problem is I now have to PLANT all these things!!  AND they have to go in the back.  The front yard is shaded by an oak tree which means I need to rethink what I want to plant there. 

I've been in the kitchen a lot lately, the yummiest being some butter braid I bought from Baby Girl's band fund raiser.  It's a sweet bread that is GOOD! 


It's HUGE but I just cut it into fourths and we have at it!  There is never anything left.

Friday I went to a quilt show with a friend of mine (more on that later in the week) and Saturday the IO and I finally got to go out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary.  Since I was just getting home from surgery when it was our anniversary, we couldn't do much.  So last night my sister took the kids and we went out to a local restaurant.  The view and company were wonderful. 



Hope everybody had a great weekend!!! (even if we had to lose an hour)

Comments

Dee said…
Too Pooped is coming along.

Impatiens do well under oak trees. My mom had a very shady yard, but her impatiens always looked pretty.

Linda said…
So glad to hear you're on the mend, Lynn. Congrats on your anniversary; good you finally got out to celebrate. Flowers....yeah....something we probably won't be thinking about till.....the end of May!! Hope you have a great week.
Sandra Knapp said…
Congrats on the anniversary. I'm glad you and hubby finally got out to celebrate and enjoy a good meal too. Love the photo, BTW. :)

I am so jealous. I don't stand a chance of finding anything in bloom outside here, at the moment. But I wish you all the best with your petunias and bougainvillea and tomatoes, and anything else. I was drooling, just seeing that moss hanging from your tree. Never see that around here, even in the hottest weather. LOL

Very good progress on your "pooped" cat. I do remember that one very well.

It sounds like you are doing so much better, thank goodness.
kathy b said…
awww two sweethearts! Such a nice picture!

You are Getting there! you really are. It is a HUGE surgery and the recovery is nothing like they make it seem. It is much harder and much longer but ohhhh its worth it!

Im jealous of your spring. We are still snowy and cold here…BUT we get to feel 50s twice this week!
Linda said…
Wonderful progress Lynn. Your almost done. Glad to hear your doing better each day. The flowers are gorgeous.

Linda

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon