Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... hot.  hot hot hot!!!  However we do have a tropical storm brewing just east of us which will bring wind wind and more wind!  I'm ok with that.

I am thinking... too much.  Especially at 3am.  Why does the brain wake up that early when the rest of the body wants to sleep?!?

I am thankful... for the grocery store  Publix.  Lots of fresh produce, love their bakery, great customer service.  We're hoping #1 Son will be employed with them in November. 

In the kitchen... I tried two new recipes last week, a cookies and cream cheesecake and a blueberry crumb cake.  I am finding LOTS of things in my craft room as I slowly clean things out and to prove this, the crumb cake recipe was printed out in 2002.  How did it turn out?
 
 
 
It was good.  I think next time I will make it without the blueberries and abt half of the crumble.  There was more crumble than cake!!! 
 
The cheesecake was good, but the batter
 
 
 
looked better than the finished product.
 
 
I ended up adding more cookie crumbs to the top to make it more appealing.  Everybody loved it, but I think I will make it without the cookies next time.  There is a plain one with Biscoff cookies as the crust that I think I'd like better.
 
Final verdict?  They weren't total flops but not good enough to add to the keep pile.  Yet.

I am wearing... antique t-shirt and shorts.  From the 90s.

I am creating... after I posted my socks yesterday I realized that while the colors of the socks were true, the towel I put them on was so NOT!  The towel is brown but it looks like an icky green.  Here is another picture of my socks.  Still love them.
 
 

I am going... to continue sorting and purging.

I am wondering... why I have half the stuff I do.  What was I thinking?!?!

I am reading... well we are back to normal here with no time to read.  I haven't opened any fiction in over a week.

I am hoping... that I hear from JoAnn Fabrics soon.  I applied back in May and would LOVE to work there.  It would help pay for the kids' activities AND it would be a fun place to work. 

I am looking forward to... theatre camp.  I think it will be fun!

I am hearing.... tv shows, family conversations, the dryer.

Around the house... hmmmm, its a mess.  Nuff said.
 
I am pondering... the possibilities of actually having a clean house, food in the house, laundry done and dinner on the table at the same time.  I know there are women out there who can do it, but its becoming painfully obvious this will NEVER be me.

A favorite quote for today...
 
 

One of my favorite things AKA Hemi's Corner.....
 


A few plans for the rest of the week: I don't think I have any plans set yet.  I know something will pop up.  Plus next week starts theatre camp so life will get busy again. I'm looking forward to it.  When there is no structure we all turn into blobs.

A peek into my day... dishes and clothes are being cleaned.  Kitties are being snuggled.  Kids are being lazy.  It's ok,  it is summer after all.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love reading your Daybook every week Lynn. Do love my Hemi pics a little more though.

Linda

kathy b said...

awww It IS summer after all. No structure can be a stressor for me I've found.

Sandra Knapp said...

Never noticed the background for your socks last time. The socks looked great, that's all I was paying attention to. LOL

Hemi looks so peaceful. The doesn't bother him as much, eh?

I don't bake anything, this time of year, unless I can fit it in my NewWaveOven. The big oven would heat the entire kitchen, and my window A/C unit has enough to tend with since the temp outside has shot up to near 90ยบ yesterday and today. Buy I was comfortable here inside, and that's all that matters, right? LOL The baking can wait for cooler weather.

Dee said...

That boy KNOWS how to chill! LOL Love the little fang peeking through.

Good luck with the JoAnn's thing.