Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...  rain.  We've had a front sitting over us for awhile now. 

I am thinking... that many of you will be surprised that I'm still alive!!

I am thankful... that I am!!

In the kitchen... ~sigh~.  Not a whole lot.  Tonight's dinner was brought to you by Marie Callendars and Bertolli.  I'm still trying to get some sort of system going.  I am failing miserably.  Here's a hint.  Take stock out in Chipotle.

I am wearing... a peach braided shirt and grey shorts.  I did have on jean capris but once I'm home, I tend to strip.  I only have on this shirt still because I will be picking up #1 Son from band practice. 

I am creating... I knit three rows on my sock.  I'm doing well to have underwear in the drawer.

I am going... to be doing a load of laundry once this post is done.  We are running low on underwear.

I am wondering... why I'm discussing underwear when there is so much more to talk abt!

I am reading... fan fiction and I plan on reading some blogs tonight.

I am hoping... to get myself together so that I have more free time.  (even *I* don't believe that one!)

I am looking forward to... next month.  A friend of mine is hosting a girl's night out at her house.  Everybody bring a dish and no worries of men or kids.

I am hearing... Jeopardy.  Actually it's a commercial for governor, or rather how bad the other guy is.

Around the house... double sigh.  This is becoming the bane in my existence.  If you ask the IO if he helps he would say yes, he does dishes.  Yes he does, but I need them done more than once a week.  (I am NOT kidding).  Again, another reason for the take out food.  No dishes needed.

I am pondering... my schedule and the logistics of keeping it.

A favorite quote for today...
 
 

One of my favorite things  AKA Hemi's corner....
 
He's such a good big brother.
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  work, football, marching band.  I just looked at my calendar for Oct and there are 4 Thursdays that have nothing planned on them (other than work).  Everything else has something going on.  Hmmmm, looks like my October is turning into what my May is like.

A peek into my day... I'm getting busier at work than I have been, which is good.  I still get busy work, but now the other sales people are utilizing me which means I have more work and less downtime trying to look busy. 
 
I have realized something since I've gone back to work.  When I left this company many years ago, I was 6 months pregnant with #1 Son.  The people there told me I would be bored.  I knew I wouldn't be, and I haven't been.  I can always find something to do; plant a garden, walk Target, knit, watch tv or a movie, clean the house, stay active with the PTO or Band Boosters, etc.  When I started back up with the same company, the boss asked me if I was coming back to work because I was bored.  I told him no.  I was only going back to work because teenagers were expensive and we needed a little bit of breathing room.  Guess what?  I now get bored.  Apparently the only time I get bored is when I work in an office.  I'm not bored all the time because there are times when it's busy and I have to use my mind, but when I have nothing to do (and still have to look busy) or when I'm doing data entry (how many v-cards can one person make at a time?!?) I am bored.  I am bored at least once a day. 
 
Go figure.

6 comments:

Dee said...

I'm guessing Hemi LIKES his new little brother. Theo sure is a cutie pie. You have SUCH good luck getting nice cats.

Linda said...

Nice to get a Daybook from you Lynn. I miss reading them. I bet Hemi misses you when your working.

Linda

Sandra Knapp said...

Nice to hear from you again. I think the problem between work and home is that at work, you have assigned tasks, when they are done, you have to "make work." At home there is ALWAYS something you can be working on, and you don't have "make work" because there is never a shortage of it. LOL

Some people get a job, you know, just to get a break from HOME!! LOL

kathy b said...

THrilled to see you Simple Womans entry> I LOVE yours. What is a braided the shirt?

Im never bored on days off either. Im feeling a bit guilty about having a month off, but after going at it for 31 years, That's just silly. Even more so in Print. If I stay until May…I'll be surprised.

You are doing great at your work force re entry.
Maybe to (gasp) paper plates for a month. One less chore for you.

Delusional Knitter said...

Love that quote, I had that much today. Was trying to take a photo with my phone and no matter what it was blurry. Love the kitties - so cute!!!

stitcherw said...

Theo's getting so big, and it certainly looks like Hemi has given his seal of approval, cute picture of them snuggling. Sue