Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Right now it's dark because it's 8:40pm, but we had a bit of rain earlier, another front rolling thru.  The temps are 61 right now and our low will be 56. Believe it or not some ppl find this to be uncomfortable, but I'm loving it.  It will be hot and sunny soon enough.

I am thinking... how some of you will read that and wish it was your weather.  The weather up north is horrendous and I'm hoping you guys get a break soon.

I am thankful... for my rainy weather.  (hmmm, I see a theme forming)  

In the kitchen... Weather!  LOL  (couldn't help myself).  Dinner was leftovers and a batch of brownies.

I am wearing... my pjs.

I am creating... lists.  Lots and lots of lists.

I am going... on yet another field trip this Friday.  Yesterday we went to the Orlando Science Center and while I love that place, the field trip was one of the most disorganized one I've ever been on.  However the best part of the trip was getting to go in the Hurricane Wind Tunnel for free.  

I am wondering... when I will finally be organized.  I dont think it's possible anymore.

I am reading... Nothing.  I returned all my books to the library a couple of days ago.  Then I found one under the seat in the car.  Not sure how much money I owe in fines...

I am hoping... that tomorrow will be a bit easier than today.

I am looking forward to... Friday.  It's another band competition, this time for Steel Drums.  It's always a lot of fun.

I am hearing..... right now nothing.  The TV is on pause and the house is starting to shut down.  Thank God.

Around the house... dust elephants.  They used to be bunnies but they've grown.  I'm trying to keep them from becoming dinosaurs.

I am pondering... forget Dante's Inferno.  I'm pondering the levels of hell for teenagers.  It was hard enough to go thru it the first time.  It's even harder the second time around.

A favorite quote for today...




One of my favorite things... Normally this is Hemi's spot, but one of my favorites things from last week was Baby Girl and her solo ensemble performance.  She's been stressing about it for a couple of weeks now and she was ranked as superior!  It's the top ranking you can get and she got it!  She is also the only one in Intermediate Band to even try out for it!!  It was a proud mama moment for sure!!!  So happy for her!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have the field trip on Friday and an anniversary party on Saturday.  I have yet to get their gift.  That will most likely be Saturday morning!

A peek into my day... Drop Baby Girl at school, go to work, stay 2 hours longer than I wanted to, race to get Baby Girl and #1 Son to theatre,  go to mechanics to get scripts out of the car that's in the shop (we are down to one car this week), figure out what to make for dinner, get kids from theatre, make dinner, make brownies.  It is now 8:10pm.  I realize it is Tuesday and decide to post something in my blog.  Make people read a crazed mom's typical day of life.  

For those who have made it this far, thank you!!!!  I'm trying to be witty but I dont think I'm succeeding.  Instead I will reward you with a Hemi pic.  And if you want to play, go here.



5 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my gosh. In that picture Hemi looks SO much like Shelby.

Congrats to Baby Girl.

Angie said...

Shew, send some of that weather my way. I hear you on ever getting organized, I'm thinking it's just not my thing. I make dozens of lists to but they don't seem to help LOL

Linda said...

Thanks for the Hemi pic Lynn. Congrats to your daughter.

linda

stitcherw said...

Always love getting my hemi fix, he takes such great pics :) Congrats to baby girl on her ranking as superior, that's quite an accomplishment. I'm so looking forward to when we can finally start warming up here, I've had way enough of winter.

Lifesastitch said...

LOVE that quote.