Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... 


Outside my window... Hot.  Hot hot hot!!!  It's not even noon and it feels like 104.  Actual temp is 89 with a high expected around 97.  We have already broken a heat record.  And it's only June.  Why can't we ever have record lows??  

I am thinking... that I really need to go thru the pile of bills in the box.  I just know that it wont end well......

I am thankful... for my a/c.  I really dont know how all those southern belles did it with it this hot and all those layers of clothing.  No wonder so many of them swooned!

I am wearing... I'm still in my pjs.  Yes I do realize it's almost noon and I dont care!  It's one of the perks of summer.

I am creating... and finishing!!!  Last monday I finished a charity vest that's been languishing for some time now.   I plan on weaving in all the ends today and will post abt it tomorrow.  It was a good project to get back into the swing of things.

I am going... to keep organizing and cleaning.  It's amazing how much I've thrown out so far. 

I am wondering...when I will tackle the craft room.  It is more of a storage room than anything else and it scares me.  No wait, the craft room is bad, but the GARAGE scares me.....

I am reading... I'm not reading but Baby Girl has found not one but TWO library books that have been missing for 2 months.  That should help with the fines....

I am hoping... that the side job the IO is working on will actually turn into a full time position.

I am hearing......the bathroom fan and Lucy grooming herself.  Theo and Hemi are also on the bed but they are still in their afternoon nap mode.

In my garden...  Not much went on this year.  I did plant two tomato plants that did quite well.  In fact we had quite a few that there was no way I could eat them all.  This was the IO's solution.

I think he used a Mario Batali recipe but I'm not sure.  Either way it was good!
In my kitchen... before this heat wave and after I left work, I've been making up for lost time!  I had a turkey in the freezer that I thawed and the four of us had a nice turkey dinner with stuffing and green bean casserole and crescent rolls.  We kept it just the four of us and it was nice.

A favorite quote for today...




One of my favorite things  AKA Hemi's Corner:  




A peek into my summer:  We have friends visiting this week so we have plans to see them on Friday and again on Sun.  More friends are coming out tomorrow and we are trying to plan something for all of us to do (most likely bowling).   We've got another NC trip coming up next week and then theatre camp starts.  The day after it ends #1 Son starts band camp.  We have very few quiet days this summer and I'm trying to enjoy all that I get.

If you want to play, go here.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Hemi's Corner is always my favorite part.

So, are you not working this summer? If you get a free day, we will have to meet up at BAM.

Sandra Knapp said...

Fresh, home-made tomato sauce is a great way to use a bounty of tomatoes. I'm sure everyone enjoyed a sauce so fresh and healthy too. :)

Have a great Summer Lynn. :)

Linda said...

I so enjoy reading your Daybook. So happy your back and I get my Hemi fix.

Linda