Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today

Outside my window... right now, beautiful.  When I drop the kids off for theatre camp, I see the metal heron and it makes me smile.  It's the Bird Fountain in the local park.  My phone did not capture the beauty of the morning, but it still makes me smile.




I am thinking... of many things.  The caffeine has kicked in and its making my mind abuzz with projects!  I just wish it wasnt so hot outside or else I would tackle the garage, AKA the black hole. 


I am thankful... for coffee.  It really does clear the cobwebs that seem to form overnight.  However I am trying to cut back on the caffeine intake.  So instead of 4 scoops of coffee, I have cut back to 3 scoop of high octane and 1 scoop of low tess.  I want to cut back to half caff in the morning coffee.  I know it will kick back up once school events start rolling in, but for now it will work.



I am wearing... beige shorts and a VERY old Miami Heat t-shirt from 1995.  It is very worn, has a ton of holes, but it's SOO comfy which makes it a keeper.  


I am creating... a mess.  I used to sell on eBay and got out of it, but then my SIL actually set up a store and made enough money to finish off her attic.  I need to get back to this if for no other reason but to pay band and theatre fees.


I am going... to do dishes once I post this.


I am wondering... where I'll be in 5 years.  Both kids will be out of high school then and a new chapter will begin.  It's hard to think of not being active in school events, but I may just have to switch it out for travel.  Baby Girl and I want to travel and her first out of country stop is Sweden. 

I am reading... magazines.  I got rid of a HUGE pile  I was holding on to for that *someday*, but there were a couple that I held on to.  I read them while waiting for the vet a couple of weeks ago.  I kept one recipe.

I am watching .... old episodes of M*A*S*H.  It amazes me how this show still holds up.

I am hoping... that whatever my kids chose as a path in life, they will be happy.  However as an adult I know that is always not the case.  

I am learning... that not everybody is kind.  

In my garden... the begonias on the front porch are still living!  

In my kitchen... last night's dinner was Grandma's Chicken, rice and corn.  Yes I know, nothing green.  It happens.  Tonight I am making homemade mac & cheese with ham and kale.  The kale is not mixed in with the mac & cheese, but the ham is.  This has become my favorite meal. I also have old bananas that need to be turned into muffins.  

A favorite quote for today...



One of my favorite things AKA Hemi's Corner

Hemi does not appreciate photo shoots when he is trying to nap.  

If you want to play, go here. Then let me know so I can go read it!  

5 comments:

Linda said...

Nice post Lynn. Thanks for my Hemi fix. Its been a while.

Linda

Smily - Света said...

Totally agree about the coffee :)
Thank you for sharing!

Angel Blue said...

hope you have a good week

Dee said...

You always sound so much happier when you are not working. Glad the kids are having a good/busy summer and you are enjoying some much deserved time off to craft.

Ashley said...

I had fun reading your post. Glad to have found your blog!

http://www.bosssanders.com