The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... 


Outside my window...  today was cloudy but no rain.  We've been getting rain at least once a day for abt a week now.  Aug 1st actually had a breeze!!  It's courtesy of two lows on either side of the state.  I think there is another one forming as one dissipates, will be watching the weather for more details.


I am thinking... I need to leave soon to get #1 Son from band practice.  Theatre is over, band camp has begun.  School and theatre start back up on  the 24th.  Band rehearsals and football games begin.  Not sure how #1 Son is going to handle it all.  


I am thankful... for community theatre.  It makes my kids very happy.


I am wearing... pjs.  


I am creating... I did 3 more rows on the sweater last night.  I plan to work on it some more after I get #1 Son.  I didnt even touch it since the last time I blogged, show week gets busy!


I am going... to be cleaning out my purse once I finish this post.  I havent cleaned it out in two weeks and its full of receipts.  


I am wondering... what else I'm going to find in there!!


I am watching..... some movies from Hallmark Movie Channel.  Real Murders: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, Gourmet Detective, Garage Sale Mystery and Signed Sealed Delivered.  Nice mindless mysteries, not too gory, not too sexualized.  And I continue my Netflix watching of M*A*S*H

I am hoping... for a good school year.


I am hearing.... a NCIS repeat.  The tv is always on, I enjoy the background noise.  


In my garden...  nada


In my kitchen... I've been making food before their shows and I made a chicken in the afternoon so #1 Son could have something healthy before he went off for band camp.  Today we got chick fil a for lunch and I put in frozen pizzas.  I'm hoping to make this tomorrow.




In the homeschool room...  I left this prompt in to say we are no longer homeschooling.  We tried it for 6 months.  It did not work for us.  Today I enrolled #1 Son back into public school.  He is a bit behind, but should be able to catch up.  Or so I hope.........  


A favorite quote for today...

What I need to start doing!



One of my favorite things AKA Hemi's Corner:

The second I sit down....



A peek into my week:  Last week the kids were in Thoroughly Modern Millie, Baby Girl was Ms Flannery and #1 Son was Bun Foo.  They had a blast!  Below are just a few pics.  I contained myself!!










Hope you enjoyed this week's version of SWDB.  If you want to play, go here.

Comments

Dee said…
Your kids are amazing. I hope they both have a good year at school! :-)

Let me know when you can get together. We have so much to catch up on.
Sandra Knapp said…
Love the mysteries on Halmark Movies and Mystery channel. And, surprisingly, I've used that very same chicken, potatoes, green bean recipe myself. Love it!!

The kids are looking great. Glad they are enjoying their Summer so much. :)
Linda said…
I love the pictures of the kids Lynn. They really look like they are having fun. Thanks for my Hemi fix.

Linda
I love the quote. Very clever play on words.
Have a good week
Carolyn from pastimes-passions-paraphernalia.org

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon