Friday, September 11, 2015

Some Days....

This post has turned into a bit of a rant so feel free to enjoy kitty pictures scattered between the rant and go straight down to the sweater shot!

----------------------------------------------------------

How is your Friday going?  I've had to stop looking at all social and news networks because between the anniversary of 9/11 and the Syrian refugees, I started my day crying.


Sadness turned into aggravation when I went to the school this morning.  I had a PTO meeting scheduled, the first one of the year.  Usually those meetings are jam packed with all the parents that want to help and by the 3rd meeting, it goes back down to the same handful of parents who help every year.  Today was the exception.  We had 9 people show up.  I think the issues with the new principal have gotten around and nobody wants to be bothered with him.  His actions are borderline fraud, but he's feigned innocence which has kept him out of trouble.  Lets just say he's not supportive of the PTO and would prefer if we didnt exist.  He's gone as far as to say most middle schools dont have a PTO, it would be fine with him if the current PTO dissolved.  It wasn't pretty.  It's my last year here, yet somehow I became the Treasurer.

My favorite part of the day?  When I was eating lunch while on the computer approving a proof for some lanyards for next week's open house when my phone started ringing.  As I stood up to get it, my hip hit the 44oz Diet Coke on my night stand and it fell top first on my power strip, the one that holds the plugs for my phone, the computer and my Ott light.  Frustration kicked in at this point.


Regardless of the huge stain on my carpet or the possibility that my power strip wont work, I still had a productive day.  Meetings attended.  Orders placed.  Groceries bought and put away.  A feeling of accomplishment has kicked in AND I'm smiling as I read this;  it's been such a ridiculous start to the day and it's not even 4pm yet!!  And I've run the gamut of emotions.  At least I've landed on happy!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Now that THAT is off my chest, lets look at some sweater progress, shall we?



I am *this close* to finishing the back.  Another 4" of arm space then I start the neck decreases.  I have to pay attention at this point which is why my pace has slowed down.  I'm worried for when I start the front since the first few stitches involve a cable pattern.  This means I REALLY need to pay attention if I want to avoid the frog pond.  Not a vacation spot I want to visit.


4 comments:

Dee said...

When you have all those sweet kitties to help cheer you up, you can't HELP but be happy.

Hope the power strip survives.

Yay on the sweater .......onward!

kathy b said...

Ugh oh. spills are the worst. My youngest two kitties and crazy tonight. We were gone much of the day at the Wisconsin Sheep and wool festival and they are making up for the lack of attention

Sandra Knapp said...

I'm so glad, that after all of the frustrations, you day still ended with a smile. As for that sweater, my hat is off to you. I can't work with dark yarns anymore because I just can see well enough when using them. When I saw that sweater back, the first thing that came to mind was, "How does she see the stitches?"
LOL Congratulations! It's looking great.

Linda said...

Love the kitty pics Lynn. Glad your day improved.

Linda