Tuesday, October 20, 2015

For Today... 


Outside my window... we've had some really nice days.  I've actually been able to open the windows and air the house out!!  I so look forward to cooler days.


I am thinking... that Baby Girl is in her last year of middle school and that I will soon have two kids in high school.  That is wild.


I am thankful... for many things.  For my health, both physical and mental.  For a home.  For a family.  When life gets overwhelming, I remember I'm not running for my life in Syria.  Plus it helps to know where I'm living.


I am wearing... pjs.


I am creating... solace out of a chaotic life.  At least trying to.


I am going... thru my closet and decided that the candles I bought 5 years ago and the baby outfits that I bought 8 years ago need to go.  


I am wondering... when the HOA is going to post abt a community yard sale.  They have one twice a year and I never put anything out.  I plan on changing that this year.  I may not be moving, but I do want to go thru my stuff and get rid of a lot of it!  I have two laundry baskets full of stuff to sell on ebay.  I have 3 garbage bags that I will attempt to sell at the yard sale, whatever doesn't sell will go to Goodwill.


I am watching.... Monday night tv.  Big Bang Theory at 8pm.  Switch over to Dancing With The Stars at 8:30 (I LOVE Bindi and ship her with Derek) and Castle at 10.  I am ignoring what the writers are doing to Caskett and instead focus on the murders.  Yesterday was a funny one.  


I am hoping... that my dear loved one who struggles with depression and anxiety will feel better soon.


I am hearing... the bathroom fan and Hemi grooming himself.  


In my garden... nothing at the moment, but it is Oct and I'm itching to put something together.  However, at the moment I have more incentive to purge than to plant.

In my kitchen... I've been cooking more, if for nothing else, to save some money.  It makes me nuts that it can cost $15 for two ppl to eat fast food.


A favorite quote for today...

This is more wild than the kids being in high school!!!



A peek into one of my days... it's been a busy month.  The kids were in Beauty and the Beast.  







Then we've had band competitions.  Even when there is no school, we have a football game.  At least it's fun!!



One of my favorite things AKA Hemi ...


They are willing to share when it was chilly out.

Why these things take me 2 hours, I have no idea.  If you want to play, go here.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Two in high school?????

Mine just turned 32 ---- how DO these things happen???? LOL

I, like you, am amazed at how much eating out can cost. And really ... all that fast food is just tummy filler. Not much nutrition left in there. But, dang! Sometimes it just tastes so good.

I think giving up potato chips and french fries is going to kill me. (Not really ....but I sure do LIKE them a lot)

Sending good thoughts to the ones that need healing. Always in my prayers!

Linda said...

Great post Lynn. I love all the pictures.

Linda

Smily - Света said...

Dancing With The Stars - I like it too :)
Thank you for sharing! Your pictures are very cozy and nice

Angie said...

I love all the Beauty and the Beast pics!
Prayers for your friend. I know firsthand how hard depression and anxiety can be to control.

Amy said...

Love the play pictures! I bet they had an awesome time.

I completely agree with your "I am thankful". Sometimes things need put in perspective. We are so very blessed