Monday, November 30, 2015

Not Even Close

While I was doing pretty well in the beginning for NaBloPoMo, life does get in the way.   Mentally I've posted four more times, but until they come up with a way to post via brain waves, they just swirl around in the grey matter.

Since the last time I've posted, we've had concerts, field trips, plays, volunteering and just normal insanity.



The field trip involved a bit of a drive so I cast on for a kitty blanket.  This is 2 skeins in.



I also (please be seated and put down all food and drinks) finished a project.

WHA?!?!?!!?!?

Yes you read that right!!!  I finished a project!!!!  And not just any project.  A cross stitch!!!!

I KNOW!!

Kitty Cat Row is complete.  It only took me 4 1/2  years.

Kitty Cat Row in all it's glory!

mouse with a perfect little colonial knot for a nose

mouse with a less than perfect colonial knot.  I say it's sticking out its tongue at the other cats



Here are the stats:

Kitty Cat Row by Bent Creek

Date start:  early 3/11
Date end:  11/26/15

Stitched on 28ct linen in Sand over two.

No substitutions with floss were made.  I used all the specialty threads listed.

As I was finishing up the backstitching, my eyes were reminding me that they aren't as young as they used to be.  Bright light and readers were involved.  Makes me question the completion of other linen projects.  Regardless of blindness, I HAVE A FINISH!!!

Lets see how long before I have it framed.......

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Lynn. Love the picture of you and your daughter.

Linda

Dee said...

That is so cute!

Oh my ......you and I are going to be such crazy cat ladies when we get old!!!!

Bridget said...

I think it looks great! I love cross-stitch, but can only work on it with daylight ...

Linda said...

Love the cross stitch! What a beautiful picture of you and your daughter. You certainly are one very busy lady!

stitcherw said...

Love your finish of Kitty Cat Row, very cute, and it does look like the one little mouse is sticking out his tongue, LOL.
Sue