Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cuz, Why Not??

One of the theatre moms is starting a book club.  Not your typical you-need-to-read-this-book-in-this-time-period-or-else book club, but one with a different take.



All you have to do is pick a book that falls into one of these categories.  Once a month we get together to discuss what we decided to read.  We can read at our own pace.  If we finish 3 books, great. If you are only on chapter 2 of your first book, that's ok too.

Sounds like my kind of club!!!  I figure it will give me incentive to start reading again.  It gave me incentive to get to the library!


I picked Baby Girl up after work and went to the library.  Her stack is on the left, mine is on the right.  What we choose for recreational reading is VERY different!!!  I'm hoping to start the Nancy Drew one later tonight.  Right now I'm watching Castle reruns and will watch a couple of episodes of Hogan's Heroes before I switch to reading.

Let's see how this will work out.....

Hemi doesnt care if I read or watch tv, just as long as the lap is available.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

What a great idea for a book club - I'll be curious to see how it all works out (I hope it does).

Oh that sweet face on Hemi, it makes me want to scream ...

Linda said...

Oh yeah.... My Hemi is back.

Linda

Dee said...

Looks like you'll be keeping yourself very, very busy! BTW --- SO glad you are back to blogging.

I MISSED YOU!!!! (and Hemi too!)

stitcherw said...

Wow, great book club, I could totally get into that. The ones around here are so structured, and there is just one book option at a time, I don't do so well with that kind of organization. Kind of like cross stitch, I want to work on (read) what I want to at that time, the minute I feel like I "need" or "have to" do something, the enjoyment seems to sneak away. Enjoy the Nancy Drew, loved that series when I was younger, still have them :) My daughter read them, and when my granddaughter is big enough we'll pass them onto her.